I'm not into "homemade" stuffing. I mean, I love the food but if I'm trying to Thanksgiving, I want Stove Top. If you are making homemade stuffing any other time of year-I'm into it. Just Thanksgiving, I am a purest.
That being said, this does intrigue me: White Castle just unveiled the following stuffing recipe USING THEIR SLIDERS
Follow along below and if you make it, I am going to need a review and possibly a doggie bag.
- 10-12 White Castle Sliders (from the restaurant with the pickles removed or picked up from your local retailer)
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground sage
- ¾ teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth or 1 cup for casserole version
- In a large mixing bowl, tear the Sliders into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, toss well.
- Add ingredients to casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Or to stuff the ingredients into the cavity of the turkey, prepare ingredients as noted above, but reduce chicken broth to 1/4 cup, then cook as you normally would.
- Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10-to-12-pound turkey).
Note: Allow 1 Slider for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of ¾ cup of stuffing per pound.
Photo Getty Images