Police say 64-year-old Timothy Edwards, 70-year-old Carroll Oakes, 69-year-old Vernon Leggett and 50-year-old Haywood Whichard, Jr. are all in stable condition at Vidant Medical Center.

We're also told the suspect, 23-year-old Lakim Faust, is being served with arrest warrants today. Greenville Police say he's being held under a $6 million secured bond.

9 on your side obtained Maryland court records for a Lakim Faust with the same birthday. The records show Faust faced multiple charges in 2004, including attempted first degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon. He would have been just 14 years old at the time.

Monday morning we learned the Pitt County Sheriff's Office denied Faust a gun permit in 2012.

Pitt Community College confirms that in 2006 Lakim Faust pursued a GED at the campus. They say they banned him indefinitely from the college's main campus for disrupting a classroom. Later that year, PCC police arrested him for trespassing and violating the ban. Faust took part in a Weatherization Tech program in 2011. Since then, he's had no affiliation with the college.

In 2010, Faust also worked at the Lucille Gorham Community Center on Ward Street in Greenville. He did maintenance and gardening for a non-profit that works to help kids obtain job skills. The director of the program tells 9 on your side she  never had any problem with Faust.

"When he was here, I'm telling you he played with the children, he worked with our seniors, he carried them water and drinks, he teased us about all the things he was going to do in his life. So, that's the Lakim we got to know. Our regret [is] that the other Lakim came out in some way, if he's the person that did do these crimes," said Gorham Intergenerational Center Director of Programs Deborah Moody.

Tonight we're getting a small sample of what dispatchers were hearing on Friday.

CALLER: "He's walking, he's walking {inaudible}"

9-1-1: "Pitt County 9-1-1."

CALLER: "Hey, a shooting just happened here...a person has been shot and there's a black gentleman in a black outfit he's walking toward..."

9-1-1: "Listen to me! Tell me about the person that is shot."

 9-1-1 operators were getting so many calls Friday, they actually called 9 on your side's newsroom and asked us to announce they had emergency crews on the way.

But in the midst of all the chaos, emerged everyday heroes.

We received several emails and calls about Erin Pierce. Witnesses say she saw the shooter taking a direct path toward the "Toys R Us" store and took action. She called the store and told employees to lock the door just in time.

"I have small children, and so that was the picture I had in my mind, is that somebody like me was in TOYS R US with small children and it was horrific and devastating. As a matter of fact, I had to call TOYS R US when we were leaving the parking lot just to make sure he was never able to get in there because I didn't know what had happened. And I burst into tears when the lady said that everybody was okay. It was a huge relief," said Pierce.

Pierce worked for United Airlines during 9/11 and credits her emergency training with helping her know what to do.

--Previous Story--

The Greenville Police Department identified the shooting suspect in the Greenville mass shooting as Lakim Anthony Faust. They say Faust, 23 of Greenville, opened fire injuring four people before being brought down in a gun fight with Greenville Police.

In a press conference on Sunday, Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden confirmed they obtained arrest warrants that Faust will be charged with four counts of attempted first degree murder. More charges expected. Aden says Faust has not major prior arrest in North Carolina.

Police found a container of over 100 shotgun rounds with Faust when they took him down on Friday.

"Some of the way, the manner in which he carried it out, indicates that he has some idea as to what he wanted to do; but, we don't  know that for certain," said Chief Aden.

Faust is recovering in police custody at Vidant Medical Center from gunshot wounds to his arms and legs. He was not wearing any body armor at the time of the shooting.

Chief Aden says this is an active investigation and they continue to interview people to gather more information.

All police officers involved with taking down Faust are on administrative leave.  The FBI and state agencies are assisting in the investigation.

Chief Aden said they obtained a search warrant for the suspects apartment on Hartford Street in Greenville. During their search of the apartment they recovered shotgun ammunition boxes consistent with the shell casings found at all three shooting scenes. Police also recovered  various papers and computer evidence. All evidence police say is helping the investigation in Friday's shooting.

Sunday morning, Chief Aden said he did visit with all the shooting victims and their families.

"The victims, I personally went to visit them this morning and the families. They are all in various stages of post-op recovery. They have very serious injuries and were hoping that they continue on the path to recovery," said Aden.

Saturday, people who live in the 200 block of Hartford St. say police raided an apartment in the area directly behind where the first victim was shot in the Kellum Law Firm parking lot.

Neighbors say police busted the window of the apartment Friday and used a robot to search the home because they didn't know what may be inside.

One neighbor says the person who lived in the apartment lived there by himself. They say he didn't really talk to anyone and kept to himself.

Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden confirmed to 9 On Your Side detectives did search a home Saturday; however, he would not confirm the location of the home.

The victims are at Vidant Medical Center. Their families have requested privacy and do not want their names released. The victims' conditions are unknown at this time.

The Chief of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Ted Delbridge, says when the victims arrived at the hospital they were being treated aggressively by emergency management crews.

"The emergency department started receiving patients shortly thereafter, a little bit before noon. In all we received four shooting patients. Each of them was cared for by a dedicated team of emergency physicians, nurses, and trauma surgeons, and initially were evaluated and treated in the emergency department," said Delbridge.

9 On Your Side's Erica Anderson did talk to someone, off camera, about one of the victims shot at the law firm.  They tell 9 On Your Side he is expected to be ok.

Marcia Vila first heard the news of a mass shooting while at work Friday. On Saturday, Vila learned one other victims was her neighbor.

"It's somebody you know in a sense. So, it's kind of even hits a little bit closer to home," said Vila.

The shooter is also at Vidant in police custody. His condition is also unknown, but we're told he's expected to survive.

Greenville Police Chief Hassan Aden told us the whole thing started at 11:41 a.m. at the Kellum Law Firm on Greenville Blvd.

A shooter armed with a shotgun shot a man in a Geico car in the parking lot before crossing Greenville Blvd. and shooting three more people in the Walmart parking lot.

A 9 On Your Side photographer found the first victim down when he arrived at the law firm parking lot.

A short time later, emergency crews were dispatched to the side entrance of Wal-Mart near Hooker Road where three other shooting victims were found outside.

Aden said both businesses are now crime scenes. One victim was shot at in the parking lot of the Kellum Law Firm and three were shot in the Greenville Wal-Mart's parking lot.

A witness shared pictures with 9 On Your Side of GPD officers moving in on the suspect. The witness told 9 On Your Side police kept telling him to stay down & put his hands up. The witness added the suspect was still moving around and police were unable to get to him until they slowly moved in with the SUV and got him in custody.

Aden said officers responded within mere minutes of the shooting calls. He added that their training in mass shootings, "likely prevented a larger crime scene with multiple, multiple victims."

Dianna Gee with Wal-Mart headquarters in Bentonville, AR, said no one was shot inside the Wal-Mart. She confirmed the shootings took place in the parking lot of the retail giant. She added all associates at the Greenville store are safe and unharmed.

Police diverted traffic from both Greenville Blvd and Hooker Road.   All roads opened Friday evening.

The motive in today's shooting is unknown.

Greenville Police are working investigators from the NC State Bureau of Investigation to solve the crime.

The Pitt County Sheriff's Office, the NC State Bureau of Investigation, the NC State Highway Patrol, NC Alcohol Law Enforcement also responded to the incident.

Investigators still have not released the name of the shooter.